Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cricut Expression & Personal Cutter Repair



Just what I needed to hear!

My husband, a retired Xerox Technician, fixed my Baby Bug or Personal Cricut that I had accidentally dumped on the floor.  (My husband kind of wondered if I had dumped it because I had wanted the new, at that time, Cricut Expressions machine.  LOL)

Well, he completely dismantled the whole thing, and I do mean completely.  He found that the carriage was completely thrown off of both the upper rail and lower rail.  It took and 18 inch crow bar, but he lifted the carriage back into place.

Yay!!! The machine turned on and the carriage was now able to slide right back to the starting position and the display and everything looked just fine.  We kind of though we were good to go!  NOT!

Well, we put the machine through the motions cutting some die-cuts.  Well it did not work.  The machine completely went through the process but nothing was cut at all.  It appeared that the needle housing was not going up an down as it  is supposed to.

So I really needed to see this You-Tube.  Thank you so much to the originator of this post!

Come to think of it...I am really wanting the Cricut Explore now!  Maybe it is time for my Expression to have an accident!  LOL  I am kidding!?!  Besides, he would only fix the Expression!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment